PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MPL Alpha Aviation UAE - CAUTION!
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2009, 20:27
malirm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ SilveR5

Going through your posts made me think twice about my decisions, but still...MPL wins!, Its alright for a Middle-Eastern like me to believe in MPL, as General Aviation in this region is too small, i.e. either stay a student all the time or Fly Jets directly, it is hard to get any flight jobs (extra hours) on light aircrafts in this region, even with flight schools as a flight instructor...If I thought about leaving this country/Region to the US or EU or anywhere else...my chances of employment would get just lower & Lower!, as I said, my probabilities & chances are low in the OLD system, why not try the MPL, money is wasted anyways, but time is gained.

Graduating with an MPL with 12 TOs & Landings will only help me to get into air arabia, but getting the other 40 will release me to the whole market in the region & trust me...MPL will win (I will work in an airline that I can't name at this moment), I didn't believe in MPL for some time at the beginning & was going for a lovely f ATPL training at DAE FA, but changed my mind when I looked at what are my chances of employment with a F ATPL.

SilveR5, I know that you want the best for me & to all the others, I also do care about flying & Flight Training as you do, I have asked some pilots I do know, I asked Flight Ops guys & all sounded positive, but a little dark about the MPL...its NEW, but don't forget that it was set by Pilots, Airlines & ICAO.

Speaking of trusted info, I know these guys from a long time ago & had never faced a problem with their info & expectations!, Airlines will never stop Hiring ATPL-Type rated Pilots as I will be holdong one when I complete the 1500 Flight Hours!, MPL has better Specs against a F-ATPL, I do understand that I don't have any guarantees with Air Arabia, but I do know that Air Arabia has a Pilot shortage at the moment & will have more Pilot shortage by Mid 2010, imagine employing 10 Pilots every 5 weeks!, looking at the Number of MPL cadets (about 16), we will be dissolved into Air Arabia with a matter of few months