PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advises - USA for JAA or Greece ?
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2009, 15:04
FLT86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advises - USA for JAA or Greece ?

Hi guys !

For a long time, I have been looking for a FTO but now, I am really hesitating.
I'd like to start on September 2009 and I have two options.
Financially, I don't want to spend more than 60k euros (training + living cost)

1°) USA for JAA

In USA, I found one school very serious called Skymates (Skymates Inc. - JAA Courses - DGCA JAA M-1 Immigration Approved Flight Training in the USA - 34k euros for all the JAA course) and located in Arlington in Texas. Very friendly staff, good and positive from students over there.
Firstly, it is in distance learning (about the ATPL) via CATS. I heard that they don't provide any book to study. Is it true ? Everything has to be performed online via CATS ? Do you know if books and course ground school of CATS are good ?
Secondly, you have to go to Florida to do exam and therefore, you have to spend more money in plus of living cost and so on.

According to you, is it possible to pay not more than 50k euros (training + living cost) ?
Is it a good training to do it in USA although if I want to get a JAA licence ?
Do you think is it better to go to Florida to do this training because you can do exams over there ?

2 ° ) Greece

This option is the second and last one. It is in Egnatia Aviation located in Kavala.
As I read in this forum, many people got trouble and something else not that good but some other people got good training and are happy that they went there.
They use Bristol books and according to me, it is the best one in Europe (and maybe in the World) so far.
The course costs 47.990 euros ( + accomodation and so on should be more or less 55-58k euros).

I would like to know your opinions (quality/costs) about it, if it is better to do the training in USA or Greece ?

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Have a good day