PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MPL Alpha Aviation UAE - CAUTION!
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2009, 14:51
SilveR5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
malirm

I've got some info from pilots & flight instructors in Etihad, Gulf Air...& other A320 Operators (don't know why the A320 though) in the region who are thinking about MPL & researching it with their partner flight schools.

- Didn't those pilots tell you that, if these airlines will ever decide to adopt MPL, each airline has its own scheme and standards for MPL training? Didn't they tell you that your MPL with Air Arabia WILL NOT allow you to work in Etihad or Gulf Air or any other airline unless you do another MPL/fATPL that matches your target airline (because there is no MPL conversion up till now)?

- Didn't they tell you that they will never stop hiring type-rated ATPL pilots, even if their own MPL cadets are ready to fly right here right now??!

- So until their "thinking and researching" is done, going for MPL on your own at this stage means you understand and accept being a tryout cadet!! Believe it or not... They will be happy to know that you want to be so.

& by the way...it's so misleading if you count on pilots and instructors to get you trusted info about such an important matter in big airline companies. This is all about another level of decision makers my friend..!

CPL/IR/ME can't help me already even with Type Rating
Oh really? I hope that there is nothing so bad that render these unsuitable for you! Otherwise, no1 would really say that ATPL+type rating can't help. These are the safest.

Safety comes first, gents!

Cheers

Last edited by SilveR5; 25th Apr 2009 at 15:06.