PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2009, 10:55
Pinky the pilot
Man Bilong Balus long PNG

Location: Looking forward to returning to Japan soon but in the meantime continuing the never ending search for a bad bottle of Red!
Received 100 Likes on 58 Posts
From the Letters to the Editor section of the Weekend Pos Guria.

Can anyone imagine such a letter in any Australian paper?

You know you have hit the bottom of the barrel . . .

YOU know you have hit the bottom of the barrel when you start blaming your systemic and endemic corporate problems on your pregnant ladies instead of senior management.
I don’t know how it happens in Sri Lanka. Perhaps kids are plucked in the fields or found under cabbages but in PNG children are produced in the normal way understood by most people, except apparently Air Niugini Senior Management.
There is discontent amongst some of the FA’s but management is not listening or ignoring what is happening.
Some hints that may overcome the females FA shortage.
Recruit more male FA’s. I am sure they will be pregnant far less often that the ladies.
When next recruiting female FA’s select a more pedestrian, utilitarian lady.
My suggestion is someone less than 140cm with legs like a second rower. Large musclier hips to stop moving about in turbulence. Small breasts so the life jacket and seat belts fit properly and if possible a distinct moustache.
A personality like Genghis Khan and a voice of a drill Sergeant major. That should cut down on pregnancies.
The problem with the present FA’s are they are far too attractive and competent.
They are as good as, and in most cases better than, any similar FA’s this area.
There is good reason their men cannot keep their hands off them when they come home.
Perhaps a rostering system to take into account pregnant FA’s.
I pressure a pregnant FA in an emergency is not what is wanted but there are mature ladies in most cabins all over the world these days. Why not keep the good staff after they have had children?
And a long talk about the birds and bees and contraception may not go amiss and hand out condoms.
The authors name has been left off this quote but is listed on the Post Courier's site.