PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wagga Air Centre
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2009, 10:20
JIM1984

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wagga Air Centre

Hmmmm.........I agree and disagree with some of what has been said with reguards to wagga air centre as a ex employee I was never once put into a situation where I had to 'bend the rules' I can think of numerous situations where I had to call CC or his wife and even the little man in the office for that matter and not once did I ever get backed into a corner, and that is the truth. Infact I would argue that point till blue in the face. Sure the aircraft are old and tatty but what aircraft (piston twins) arnt these days and yes the point about renewels not being covered is a pain I agree with you on that one. But i guess the flipside to this is that wagga air centre proved to be a great training ground for me and iam sure for lots of other pilots out there (dealing with fog, storms, lighting, min fuel, diversions and instrument approaches) and to be honest what other job in the country will give that sort of exposure in a piston twin, and as we all know there is no substitute for experience in this game. So before you start bagging the company do a bit research on them and if you dont like what your hearing try somewhere else. Simple!!!!!