PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2009, 21:37
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off Cosmo, I do apologize for appearing rude, and I admit that most of what you say is understandable but that is where our agreements end. In fact, I do have a ''clue about the world I am living at'' ( I think you meant IN) because I have had an illustrious career of airline failures and crappy jobs for sure.

What angers me most about EK, is that they have already surpassed the limits of tolerability for an average pilot, yet they persist in pretending to be the model of CRM and management. The truth could not be further from what they decree. I only mentioned ONE instance in the cockpit and I agree it was not very serious as compared to a lot of my experiences and the experiences of most pilots.

And yes, most experienced pilots not already at EK, should ''rule out Emirates'' but I admit there are not many other options. You mentioned that EK is managing to keep me flying while most other companies are firing people, but there is a huge difference between most other companies. EK is still profitable !!

So this begs the question, why are they taking things to such an extreme? It boils down to a few points.

1- Greed
2- Management styles
3- Stupidity........ because the short term benefits of hacking away at employee T&C's will bite them in the ass in the long run.
4- The inability of pilots to properly address issues......... partly because people like you keep telling the rest of us that we are lucky to have a job. And partly because we are a disjointed and self-serving occupation.
5-A disconnect between the operational people and the idiots in the offices
6-A lack of regard for our profession and what is involved in being a good pilot
7-A lack of understanding of our job and how important it is to an airline

I reiterate, that being truthful should not be condemned. Although EK might appear better than most airline jobs to prospective F/O's, it is not the same secure, healthy prosperous job it was, as little as 3 years ago. Things have deteriorated greatly and this trend will continue.

Flying is great and that is part of the reason I am a happy man, but I feel compelled to express my viewpoint that Dubai and EK have lost their lustre. If I was a prospective F/O, regardless of my circumstance yet knowing what I know now, I would never in a million years consider this job.

I get a little side-tracked after hearing some people expound on the virtues of EK without regard for reality. I then return home to read another illiterate email from Ed telling pilots how to do their job. The man is an idiot and he is one of our bosses! This company hires the dregs of the universe and then they put a LOCAL above them after a certain amount of time. It is shocking and this attitude will be the demise of this ****-hole. Pardon my language.