PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL Theory - distance learning
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2009, 21:29
laverda62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up CAT's

Try out CATS at Cranfield. I have been doing my ATPL there and nearly finished bar a couple of subjects. The distance learning resources are very good (online study guide, question bank and lecture notes). The ground schools are a week long for each of 3 stages but you can mix up which subjects you are going to be examined on and likewise ground school topics. During the ground schools you are made to work hard combined with teaching by very experienced instructors who make the ground school interesting. You don't get spoon fed at CATS during your journey so have to be self motivated but when you get stuck on something the instructors are helpful. They are also very busy so you need to be patient sometimes for response. The CPL students use the same material as the ATPL's and attend the same ground school sessions but the samples test papers for CPL are a little different to ATPL. I too am hoping to go down the FI route but went the ATPL route which gives me the option to take an IR which the CPL does not, you would need to do the IR ground exams if later on you decided to do IR. I could not bear having do do some of this again so bit the bullet and went ATPL. CAT's also teach FI(C).