PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR new security dictat
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2009, 19:38
Munnyspinner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is toothpaste or hairgel safe to have around the house? I'm concerned that if BAA feel that any more than 100ml presents a threat greater than a berserk pilot in charge of a 400tonne 747 then I will keep my supplies under lock and key.

Presumably, there have been a number of attacks involving half used tubes of ******* ( brand sensitive)toothpaste or other dental polish. Surely hallitosis on the flightdeck is a bigger killer?

I have set my 11year old son on mixing toothpaste and other liquids that I would be likley to take on a trip ( safely, at a distanace in the shed) to see if he can concoct anything even mildly explosive.

In fairness to BAA their concern must be that a crew member will smuggle equipment on board to assist a terrorist! Surely if you helping someone blow you out of the sky you would just do the job properly from the front seat ?

It can't be the containers because you can buy what you like airside so is it just another ruse to assist flagging BAA airside sales - never! Apparently T5 airside retail sales are almost half what they should be - now there is a surprise!