PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2009, 18:56
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear FLiion, and I quote,

''Cosmo,
Your posts are admirable....''

I'm sorry but I had to stop typing to have a laugh. Other than your preface, what you state is not so far from the truth but obviously you are attempting to entice others to take the leap to EK. Nothing wrong with that in a normal world but lets consider a few things first.

7 pilots in 10 days told to depart the company and Dubai.

An erosion in T&C's in the last 7 years that is almost beyond comprehension.
Flight time limits that make no sense, ( in other words they are dangerous)
Upgrades that are not based on rules delineated in the FOM.... wait for more !!! haha

Management, that should in all honesty be referred to as........... MISMANAGEMENT

A bidding system that does not work... well in fact the company is not even using it as intended.
A rostering department that does as IT PLEASES !!!! with the full support of ED and TCAS
Accidents and near accidents occuring on a weekly basis now.
Accomodations department......... well what more needs to be said.
And a city that is disgusting by most standards.

ZERO support from management. In fact they are more detrimental to flight ops than anything else.
3 cabin crew a week who get 'stood down' during a flight because they fall ill or they have simply reached their limit. And another 20 cabin crew each week being put on FINAL NOTICE............

A complete restructuring of flight times limits and how they are calculated, in order to force pilots and crew to work insane hours. money money money.

Multiple changes to SOPS, on a monthly basis, to cover mismanagement's incompetence.

A new policy...... in addition to the flight safety debriefs, to point out deficiencies in a given pilot. Not many people know of this new ' disciplinary' policy by the way.

DEC's still coming in spite of the fact they tell us we have too many pilots at the moment, which is a complete lie.

Yeah brother........ keep spouting your BS, but you will have to deal with the consequences after your buddies arrive here and then realize you are a Capt America in sheeps clothes.

Give the new joiners a 1-2 year honeymoon and then see what happens, lol. Darn, bring on the F/O's, makes my job easier and more secure, but then again, I couldn't sleep at night if I was not forthright and honest about things.

Damn, it was only a few months back when I was encouraging people to consider EK. Amazing how things can change so fast, and I'm in the lucky few under the radar of the Nazi Brown Shirts at EK. Goodness me, I slide through life without altercation and for that I am happy. I fear things will become more and more difficult at EK in the future though.