PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2009, 16:59
Notchy Collective

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Given that the basic argument of this campaign is the unjustified verdict of gross negligence levelled at the two pilots, I find Winch Controls comments in post 4311 disappointing.

You ask the question did anyone check the suitability and cure time of the adhesive used to reaffix the pallet insert? YES the technician who did the job, the NCO who oversigned the work and the SNCO who carried out the independent check. You also state that you are not aware of any ground run being carried out, there would be no need to that's why, a simple APU run would be sufficient to verify the serviceability of the pallet and although I wasn't there, I see no reason why the groundcrew should consult you before such actions were carried out.

You also state as a matter of "fact" that the pallet had become detached from the floor that would be impossible as it is mounted vertically and doesn't contact any part of the floor. That is a fact.

Regards NC

Brian, keep up the good work I hope you suceed. Any help I can give you regarding technical information please ask.