PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2009, 12:31
skyhighbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone, I have followed this thread with interest.

Is everyone at CIA on the Cebu-pacific sponsorship scheme - where 50% of the course fee is paid by Cebu pacific?

If not, do the cadets realise that the MPL is worthless? The MPL schemes that have happened in Europe (Denmark and England) have been airline specific so training is managed with airline SOPs from day 1 with a Type Rating on the aircraft that the airline operated. This is the correct procedure for an MPL course.

If CIA have a generic MPL course (or a course based on the Cebu Pacific SOPs), then anyone who is not "guaranteed" a Cebu Pacific position will come out with a worthless license.

PAL will not touch you, neither would Air Philippines, Asian Spirit(whatever the new name is) etc. Also, you will not be able to fly GA (General Aviation) as you do not have a CPL ME/IR.

Does everyone at CIA know this? If not, then I am so sorry for you. because the MPL is worthless if you are not guaranteed a job at an airline. this is not my opinion. This is 100% fact based on what is happening here in the EU.