PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF2061 diversion 23APR
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2009, 11:30
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah Buster - shut down both and just loiter until daybreak!

Was out at DPOKK today for the official function to welcome the Q400. The A/C has been doing DPO for a couple of weeks but this was the glad hand job and very nicely done.

In typical fashion it was urinating down with up to 8 Octres at about 400 feet - rolling delays all day and VH-QOH (the dogs dick) came in downwind about 30 minutes over block time. Never plan a function around an aeroplane arrival. Minor downwind only - about 10 knots of Nor Easter.

God wasn't invited to one once, and makes sure WX/Sericeability/Nuclear War/Unions will intervene.

Worrals - Those days are dead - we just found a runway light and sat a pot next to it. Easy. It was a clear night - not to be considered with marginal WX.

It was also an adventure - Wilkie and I storming down the runway in the posession of the magic fire and light, a clear calm night, a trillion stars and aeroplanes in the circuit. Boys own delight.

The newbies these days just do not understand what they are missing.

I missed New Guinea by a few years on the Traffic/Res side, but I guess my generation got its "moments" as well.

Best all

EWL