PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA Prosecution - A lesson to be learnt
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2009, 07:43
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At least MP probably wouldn't have got the unfair and harsh abuse from a CRI on the Instructors Forum....
What abuse? That's what I love about PPRune, when people hear things they don't like the immediately slip into personal attacks.

I am sure you think that he should get a pat on the back for disrupting the traffic at one of the busiest airports in the world due to negligence. An Instructor whatever flavour they may be has a responsibility to ensure they do the job properly. MP clearly did not do the job properly and as a result was punished. Blowing smoke up his bum about how it can happen to anyone and how great a chap he is for telling us all about his sorrowful story still does not detract from the fact that he did not fulfil his duty as an Instructor properly and as a result caused a major incident. An incident that was investigated and he was find culpable and punished. Pretty simple to me.

Hopefully he has learnt from this mistake and it will make him a better Instructor and a more professional aviator. There has been plenty of good advice on here for him to heed. We all make mistakes and we all learn from them. But there is a line between a mistake and negligence and it seems in this case the line was crossed.

I am sorry if some people don't like the facts but my refusal to sugar coat them should not be grounds for personal attacks.