PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Aviation Group - Denton, Texas - any good?
Old 24th Apr 2009, 07:38
vivekh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel U.S. Aviation Group - Denton, Texas - any good?

Hi all,

This is my first post on PPRuNe.

I'm an Indian aviation enthusiast who wants to get his CPL as soon as possible! For this reason, I'm exploring US flight schools as an option, since they tend to finish the entire course in less than a year, against the typical 12-13 months it would take in India, and also it tends to be cheaper in the US.

I am doing some research on Flight schools in the US. I've started with Texas, since I know a couple of people who got their CPL there.

So far, I found 2 possible schools:
1) US Aviation Group in Denton, TX ( Flight School Texas Aviation School TX Flight Schools in Texas )and
2) MVP Aero Academy in Conroe, TX ( MVP Aero Academy - Part 141 Certified Top flight training school in Houston, Texas ).

MVP seems to be very expensive - USD 50K + accommodation and other expenses
US Aviation group on the other hand seems to be the more viable option, costing just under 40K with limited accommodation costs included.

What i really need to know here, is whether USAG in Denton is genuine and worth studying at? There is only so much you can find out or trust from a website. Are there people out here who have studied there? Anyone with any kind of experiences? I've tried to look for testimonials and reviews, but only found the testimonials which are on their own website!

Sitting 1000s of miles away in Mumbai, its hard for me to judge such things. I would appreciate any such information from members here.

If anyone knows anything about these schools, would truly appreciate it.

Also, if anyone can recommend a good, financially viable, FAA approved flying school (which wont shut down anytime soon ) which is suitable for international students, please do enlighten me.

Thanks!!