PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada A320 loss of control in flight: 14/4/09
Old 23rd Apr 2009, 20:03
Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, post what you will; - It's easy enough to say in an anonymous forum
Yes I will thank you. One of the basic foundations of flight safety is the passing of information without fear of reprisal from the employer, manufacturer or state. We could also include attempted stifling or ridicule by other pilots. History has long ago proven that the anonymous safety reporting system is one of the reasons for the high level of safety today in the industry. More recently we see it in the de-identified FOQA programs.

What is being expressed here is plain old prejudice and not an airman's knowledge or experience.
I will be sure to let the TSB know what you think of their factual analysis of incidents in this report:
Transportation Safety Board of Canada - AVIATION REPORTS - 2002 - A02O0406

I'm going to copy a few highlights for those who will not read or comprehend all of it:
Modifications to the A321 ELAC software were made after a landing occurrence in February 2001 in which there was wing-tip damage. This occurrence also involved roll oscillations in a significant crosswind but with no icing.
Findings as to Risk
1.Flight tests in natural icing conditions were not accomplished in any configuration in the A321 to determine if an acceptable level of safety existed in the handling characteristics.