PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet
Thread: easyjet
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2009, 12:35
Doug the Head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude, his comments are just very typical of the 'get rich (i.e. command/jet time etc) quick' mentality that seems to have taken over this entire industry. Grab what you can and immediately retaliate if things don't go as planned.

Management plays this game very well, more bonuses for themselves yet when pilots moan about seasonal commands they retaliate by taking away crew food, so why not be consistent and 'pay them back with the same currency?' Besides, you're not exactly missing out on any frequent flier miles, as most LoCo's don't even have any frequent flier programs. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth kind of thing.

Loyalty, whether it's being naive and considering EZY as a career airline (hahahaha!) or flying EZY in your spare time, is a thing of the past and will not be rewarded by any present or future management. Just like the "can you please please please go into discretion because we have no more standbys?" will not be rewarded if you need a favour or an off day. Loyalty is for suckers, for idiots who keep on trying to bite the carrot that is being dangled in front of them.

BTW, it's funny that you happen to have mentioned McDonalds, because I also mentioned it a few months ago in another thread when I talked about the McDonaldization of aviation. Having a pilot license and working for a LoCo = having a top restaurant chef flipping burgers. Sad but true.

Regarding the 'private' forum. Well...I doubt if it's really 'private' with management being issued usernames and access, and what about the people that have left, but still have valid accounts? What world are we living in when a manager of a >150 aircraft airline spends time chatting (speading propaganda!) on a pilot's rumours and news website debating certain issues, but does not have time to expeditiously reply to personal emails or return phone calls?

The only thing 'private' about that forum is that new wannabees will not get the full picture of what EZY is really like, so in that way, the forum is playing right into the management's hands. Let the whole world know how EZY treats it's pilots, maybe then people will stop applying (or considering it a career airline) and things will improve.