PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I do love the sound of......
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2009, 08:52
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I do love the sound of......

Spent last couple of weeks in sunny Languedoc and one late afternoon after a long lunch with some Moules Frites and a couple of glasses of a local wine myself and mate I was visiting left the ladies to walk the few metres across the dune to the beach.

Away to the left 6 French military copters were coming parallel to the beach from a few KMs, long visible coast with tops on the waves and they were reasonably low.

Immediately the "Aplocalypse Now" helicopter attack scene came into my head.........mate told me after he had same idea.....but he also said if music started from the Heli's then he was gone like hell and I was on my own.

A voice in French to our left told some teenagers to turn off their music and they did so which was a surprise and they stood around looking like teenagers cauight doing something they shouldn't.

It was a great scene and as they had passed the French voice told the teens it was ok for their music now and said out loud in English "I do love the sound of Helicopters in the evening".......clearly a fan of the movie.

Good moment.