PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thank You ATP!
Thread: Thank You ATP!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2009, 08:18
Flaps up no lights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Kangy well done mate .

Having known this guy for years he completely deserves a break and will be a total asset for the industry

Like so many modular wannabes we had been over looked by recruiters for years, because we did not attend a 70k one stop training provider. Instead as like many other modular guys and girls we earnt as we gained the licences, rather than mummy and daddy paying (accepted not all integrated have a silver spoon in their mouth). And we built life experience and interpersonal skills by having jobs to pay for the FATPL.

The total spend for me was approx 70k all license issues, 73 type with 357hrs on type. Now I have a full time position in the uk earning 42k plus perdiems and sector pay. Both kangy and I spent years getting to this position, working hard to achieve our goals.

Bsmuppet it is cheaper to hour build in a 320/73 than a GA aircraft, including typrating and line flying it breaks down to about £100 an hour depending which route you go down. And far more relevant to the career you are trying to get in to, than flying around in a 152. ( I spent a summer doing aerial photography with close to 500hrs still no interview 2005). It was a no brainer type rating equaled interviews.

OK time for some controversy... soon it is my prediction the only way you will get to an airline is with an MPL as a wanabe...

Discuss