PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2009, 22:16
EISNN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
itsajob. sadly I think there are too many problems in EI - industrial relations, FR takeovers, no CX and pissing money - for them to concentrate on their 'monopoly' on their long haul to San Fran and DC. However, if you can't put bums on seats there's no other option but to withdraw from the route whether it be temporarily or permanently and particularly when you've got economic meltdown everywhere. Best they concentrate on their JFK, BOS and ORD and perhaps MCO routes which have lots of bums on seats and are reliable ...... or at least that's what's been said.

Management need to seriously clean up their act and lead by example and not be giving themselves buy/pay-offs of millions in the event of resignation or FR takeovers. God knows what's going on there but they've been dragging their feet for way too long. I do wonder though what's next for their long haul effort when they do make a move again to expand? Capetown would make sense as I think would Beijing/Shanghai and maybe Bangkok. However, do they dare after their disaster effort at Dubai?