PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thank You ATP!
Thread: Thank You ATP!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2009, 19:10
EK4457

Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C'mon Kangy - leave the spin at the TRTO and tell it how it is.

Assumption number one:

Since you refuse to let on to what type of contract you have, I'll assume it is a 6 month temp like all of the other ATP 'grads'.

Assumption number two:

It costs around £35,000 for the course.

With these in mind it is not difficult for the average person to see the course for what it is; a pay to fly scheme.

When you consider an A320 TR should cost you at worst £20,000 to £25,000, you have paid over £10k for the pleasure of your temp contract.

Even if the numbers are not quite right, they will not be a million miles away.

Now, for me the crux of the matter is this; if you set out to acheive this from the begining and were clearly told that this was the aim of the scheme then fine. Congratulations - you have every right to be happy.

If you thought you'd be on a 'proper' contract earning circa £30,000 per annum (roughly the going rate) then you will be very disappointed.

What I am uneasy with is your limitless and lavish praise for getting the very least one would expect from such a large outlay. I also think that you have tried to let on that you have got a better deal than you actually did. You refuse to give any details about your contract, employer, salary or conditions of employment. This arouses suspicions on all sorts of levels and gives desperate wannabes a very unbalanced view of this sort of scheme. Not cool. There is nothing wrong with telling it how it is.

It is ridiculous to blame you for the state of the piloting profession. You are doing what you think is best for yourself. If you paid your money and got what you wanted then good luck. Just don't try and spin/brown nose yourself into a permanent contract. You are fooling nobody.

You get what you pay for.

You pays your money and takes your choice.

You don't get 'owt for nowt.

Etc etc....

Enjoy your flying.

EK