PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What I like about this job.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2009, 13:42
757_Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
757-driver

thanks for coming back and picking me up again! Its tough to juggle finances, wife, kids and studies!!! only to hear from a like beafis that after all this, I will end up with a "****ty" career.

Whilst I know it isn't true, it is something you certainly don't want to read. Hence why its been a while since I posted on PPRuNe yesterday.Too much negativity.

how old were you (if it isnt a rude question) when you first started ppl?
I did a ppl in '02 - '03 when I was 32, I had all but given up any hope of a commercial career by then but after some research and alot of sole searching and penny counting decided to go for it, on the basis that i did it all part time alongside my career.
studying and exams were done distance learning - with the first module of books dropping through the letterbox the week my first son was born in april '05! (that was a busy time!)
Exams completed by Jan 06. CPL jan-mar 06, MEP mar 06, IR apr-jun 06, MCC jul 06. Then a job offer, 757 type rating and base training completed in Nov 06. Signed off from line training in Feb 07, one month before my 37th birthday.
Don't ever let anyone tell you you cannot do these things.

I did a write up for another forum a couple of years ago - if I can find it i'll post it here.