PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheap A320 Type rating
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2009, 10:35
highflyer321757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been reading these posts with interest since I have done a self sponsored A320 TR in 2005 here in the UK. Take my advice for what its worth in your country, but the price you pay for the TR is not whats important, whats important is the after care provided by the TRTO and their contacts with the airlines if any.

For comparison: I went for the more expensive (but still competitively priced) TR with a proper TRTO (GECAT,UK) who mainly work with airlines rather than with individuals. Part of the deal was a minimum of three interviews with their client airlines. I had three firm job offers within three weeks! I am flying since 3.5 years now here in the UK and never looked back at any costs. My friend went for a cheap JAR TR in the States, they waved him out the door upon completion and his logbook still shows 0 hours on Type after 2 years!

I appreciate that things might work slightly different in the USA but its something to consider..

By the way, I have understood that many F/Os in the USA fly around with a TR limited to SIC flying only? Here in EU you either have a command TR or not, interesting difference..

Good luck with the TR, the Airbus is a wise choice!