PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What I like about this job.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2009, 10:11
Beafis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Handflown and others,

Don't get me wrong here. I did not start at the company I am presently working for. Although I did an integrated course and got a job inmediately after graduating I already worked for 2 other foreign companies before. I also did not start on one of the shiny jets but I do know what happens in other companies.....

I paid for my "posh" integrated course myself ( loan ) and worked hard to achieve my goals. I did not pay for my typerating or any other self sponsored pay to fly program... Although these integrated courses are very expensive, the risk you take is smaller then doing a modular course. Many schools have funds that pay back your loan if you are unable to find a job in a specific timeframe. These funds allow banks to provide these 100 000 E loans....

The only thing I wanted to make clear is that I noticed that the modular students I know have a harder time finding a job! All the 4 guys I know who never found a job as a pilot after many years and gave up did modular courses.... Although the exams are the same I think that if you do a modular course you decreases your options in finding a job compaired to doing a integrated course. I know it's not fair!!. Many things in this industry are not fair..