PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dear CX from NAM FO
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2009, 03:06
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nobody's retarded if they take this - and there hasn't been anything better offered or worked from our end.
I understand what you are saying Pat, but the reason I think it is a bad decision for someone under 54 to sign over is that it will surely come up again.

Think about it, it has been an issue in the past five years and they still extended people. If the company needs pilots, they will always prefer to keep one on before hiring one from the street.

You honestly think that this shortsighted management can predict crewing requirements years in advance, when they can't even predict it weeks or months ahead? Look at the crewing fiascos of Oasis and DEFOs. Not to mention that there are people still being extended during these supposedly tough times, what does that tell you about crewing once this turns around and we are growing much more rapidly?

All I'm saying is think about it. But I tell you what Pat, nothing that is rushed is good. Everything of these deals stinks pretty badly. And on top of it all, they have already started changing the deal as they see fit.