PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An outside view of Dubai
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2009, 21:49
zerozol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
after some days, there are still the same pro-s and contra-s for this topic.

some said that UAE is not perfect, but wich country in the world is? and others said okey, but indeed, it's disgusting what goes on in Dubai e.g.

you know what? i'm starting to feel that i have to leave the EU (not only because i'm from the central-eastern part of it; even the western part i would like to avoid.)

since several months, news about nepotism and hypocrisy in EU states makes me feel sad. why are we speaking of well-established democracy and human rights, green economy etc. if (just for a stupid example) the german members of the Comité can force the modification of the new law for the emission quotas of automobiles, in favour of their internal interest...(the original version wouldn't be so hard to bear.)

successfully, not to mention, and totally lacking conformity to the interest of our environment.
and so on, there are so many stories like this.

i'm not judgeing anyone, we all are just human beings, make mistakes etc.
i just can't take hypocrisy.

yes, Dubai's government is not aware of lot of things, for example construction companies taking passports etc. (at least; but maybe they are, but don't care a penny.) just like in every other countries, in other cases.

what a lot of guys are asking here, including me, is just to have a perspective.

are we aware of the things going on in EU offices, comités and institutions? do we read every single documents on their websites? are we protesting against every single decision wich is against nature or our interest?

our continent, system, people or anything like that is simply not better than other. this shows in the fact how the many of expats behave in leading positions in other continents, such as in Dubai...

we hold the key: not with silly articles lacking perspective, but with well-directed reports to the governments (for those whom is possible), and to international, civil institutions.

and at least but not last, with our determination to be "human" in every sense, to follow the basic ethics, morality, and to be an honest person. (anyway, this includes the perspective to issues like this, and to think about the things behind.)

okey, it's a bit pathetic and soap-opera-like, but i really believe this.

bye