PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2009, 19:10
Chugalug2

Received 226 Likes on 70 Posts
Brian, thank you for your reply. Who can wonder that you look forward to the time that Rick and Jon's reputations are restored to them? For not only would justice have prevailed but you could at last hang up your boots (which would irritate only those thoroughly deserving of such) and enjoy a very well earned rest. I take your point and certainly do not wish to add to your very considerable burdens. My belief is that ZD576 was unairworthy along with its sister HC2's when awarded its restricted RTS by CA. The very high level of engine control and warning malfunctions are far more than initial entering service problems. MOD knew this yet pushed on against BD protests. When the aircraft crashed on the Mull of Kintyre with such a heavy loss of life, and a high profile and highly significant political loss at that, an explanation other than lack of airworthiness had to be found ASAP. The very next day the human error verdict was being bandied about. This hardened in time to the findings that this thread is pledged to overturn. It is my belief that will require the MOD to admit, as they did with Nimrod, that the aircraft was unairworthy.