PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continental IO-240
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2009, 17:42
NutLoose

Received 2,844 Likes on 1,215 Posts
Looking through the RR overhaul manual we have I asked one of our suppliers today when ordering other parts and they although not having them in stock could verify the superceeded numbers and believed they would possibly be available, If you wish to send them a message with part numbers they may well be able to come up with something,

Adams Aviation Supply Co Ltd: Home Page

What Aircraft is it in? I also have the Reims parts list for bits pertaining to the Aerobat. seen this?

http://www.caa.co.uk/aandocs/18090/18090000000.pdf

Piper Uk might be a good source too as they took over CSE Ltd's stock and they were the main Agent for all things Continental in the UK
you can do an online seach of their stock see

Piper-UK

failing that I have partsbase on my PC so can do a worldwide search if you give me a number.

Rolls Royce no longer have anything left, the Car division at Crewe built the engines and when the Aero engine section split off it was all lost. I know because I have friends that work for them and they tried to get me some info I was after a while ago to no avail, The Aero Division is about 10 miles from here.
Indeed several years ago I had RR phone me up asking if I knew where they could get some manuals for their engines as they'd had enquires about one from South Africa.