PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I got mugged in Nice!
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2009, 17:38
PorcoRosso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding the fuel delays issue in Nice :

I once was told by the Handling agent, to expect a 3 hrs delay for my fuel
There was virtually no activity on the airport, neither on the GA side nor on the Airline one.
After 20 mins, I searched the phone number of the various fuel companies in NCE, and was able to speak directly to them . "No prob, will be here in 15 mins"

The bowser came in 10 mins, in front of a very pale looking handling agent, who tried to word some excuses ...

If Fuel delays are a reality in NCE in Summer, in the busy days, I would start to be suspicious for any announced delays in winter times, up to May.

Sometimes, the handling guys just does not give a s..t to you, "stupid-overpaid" pilot, and he won't bother calling the fuel for you . I know them over there, some are nasty.

To finish with a bright note (nothing to deal with the fuel) in NCE :

2 years ago, I had a very short turnaround in NCE. So we prearranged everything the day before "make sure we have, Fuel, Catering, Notams and Wx available as soon as we land" . Obviously, no one had a clue about us when we called on freq .
We managed to get the fuel, but paperwork was long to come.

After a while, I decided I would pick up everything at the desk myself
There was a very good looking handling agent ... but her stupidity was beyond imagination.

I asked a sigwx chart, the 1200 UTC one, since it was 1200 UTC ...
what an overwhelming task for her ...

she printed almost all the METARS, TAFS and NOTAMs for all the planet ... but not my sigwx for 1200 UTC .

So I ask again "could you, please, get me the sigwx chart for 1200 UTC ?"

embarassed-stupid-good-looking-girl :
-Well, I don't understand why but I can't.. . But if you want, I have yesterdays sigwx chart for 1200 UTC ...

I swear it's true

I won't mention which handling agency it was, but in France, we nickname them "Avion par terre " (aircraft grounded)

i