PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fear of heights?
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2009, 17:32
Bladecrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I used to instruct in Robbos, I got very used to the typical sight picture at approx 1500-2000ft AGL, and going above 3000ft or in the vicinity of mountains made me feel uneasy..

I think it was just a comfort thing really, as now that I fly something a bit bigger I would rather be well above 3000 ft most of the time, especially on a good day when you know there will be all sorts of VFR stuff bimbling around low level, not looking where they are going.. (recently spotted a homemade plank type just a couple of hundred feet below me about 500m away who was hugging high ground at about 200ft on a CAVOK day..)

My personal best in a heli was FL90 enroute through Manchester zone from Liverpool to Silverstone..

High static objects is a different matter.. I don't like looking over the side of tall buildings, towers, bridges etc, and I ain't climbing no cranes or chimneys, no thanks!

Anyone ever saw that french Spiderman dude that free climbs sky scrapers? Amazing to watch but makes me sweat just looking at it