PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2009, 13:32
mattyh1986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTC

Jimbo, I'm in exactly the same position at the moment. Im about to go to phase 4 on Thursday and would look to start in July to avoid the price increase.

CTC are a very reputable company, the big advantage I see for CTC is that you get a type rating without having to fork out £20,000 (as far as I understand please somebody correct me if I am wrong). If I went with FTE or Oxford it would cost me £80,000 and still no guarantee of a type rating.

As for finance and loan, its a bloody risky business taking out a large amount of money and putting it against your families house and again i'm in exactly the same position. I have some personal capitol but would still need a loan.

I think its vitally important to assess how you would manage if you have to spend 3-6-12 months without a flying job post training, my plan is to stay at home use my degree to get a job and just get by until my break comes, but there is no certainty. You are risking a lot so just be sure.

I also am going through the same thought process in terms of deciding if i should sit on it and wait a year or so. There are 2 factors which tell me to start in July, 1stly I want to avoid the increase in cost, and secondly I believe the economy will be recovering 18 months from now.

PM me if you wanna chat more, maybe I'll see you out there in July.