PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 21st Apr 2009, 12:25
White Hart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anotherthing

'Do I think the union will give me that chance to fight for my NSL colleagues? Hell no'

I would expect that the Union will give you an option to fight for NSL, but it will probably not be what they advise you to accept. Also, as I have said previously, people will vote for personal reasons, and not for the reasons required if a Union stance against the Company's policies is going to be effective.

Also, having two Unions is killing any chance of unity and mutual support across the board. It allows 'divide and conquer' tactics to work, and on many occasions, the Unions are actually doing the Mgmts dirty work for them!We've got to get rid of the 2-Union setup before there's any hope of being successful at the negotiating table.

It would be interesting to see how many staff would really be willing to support such a move, because there would have to be some massive changes in peoples' perception of each other, and their roles within the Company before it could be achieved.

The motivation to work in each others interests (which wasn't particularly strong in the first place, to be honest) has completely evaporated. I see this as the biggest problem the workforce faces, and any situation cannot be changed to our benefit while it lasts.