PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2009, 10:58
Howabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For 6z3

6Z3,

Ducks on a non-gas Webber are rarely disappointing. There is some degree of finesse involved, but once again it gets down to strategic thought. A well thought out duck is immensly rewarding and, unfortunately, in the shorter and gassed-up version of the game, it's more down to good luck than good management dear boy.

As regards your comment about 'warming up,' I thoroughly agree; with qualification. Time is consumed but, as I said before, process and outcome are both to be savoured; as opposed to the sub-optimal result that comes with gas. Someone once said that 'life is not an end, it's a journey.' A non-gas Webber is testament to that thought:- one-day gas is just an end in itself, whereas non-gas is a life-enhancing experience.

As for the Ashes, I think you will find that when it comes to the ancillary circus that amuses those pyjama-wearing gas-users with limited attention spans, there may be a level of short-term instant gratification - but no one will remember what it tasted like, let alone the cut of meat. When it gets down to real cuisine, they are unlikely to have any real impact in the cordon-bleu stakes that involve non-gas and flannels.

Last edited by Howabout; 21st Apr 2009 at 11:13.