PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2009, 09:45
GRIZZLER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope You Enjoy The Security

We will miss the ELAL at STN, but not the security that goes with it......yes i know we and they need it.....but they are well over the top....i hope you boys and girls at LTN have got a good sense of humour.....first empty your pockets...no chewing gum if found,mobiles are a no no...then body search including soles of the feet.....then metal detector search....when your zip fly goes off they want you to undo your belt and look in your trousers....i dont think they have metal zips in israel....they use velcro....on more than one occasion myself and three others have dropped our trousers at the top of the stand to prove we have no metal objects on us .....it was that or he wanted to put his hand inside to feel.......this is no joke ...it was that, or they would not let us near the plane...also a colleague has a metal gauze patch fitted over his hernia...that made the metal detector go off so he did not get near the plane ....and they follow you about as if you are on a day trip from gazza.....if they loose sight of you or you go near a vehicle you are searched again.....ENJOY.

and i have not met one yet that would win the MR or MRS personality of the year award.