PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UA pilot falls foul of idiotically low UK alcohol law
Old 21st Apr 2009, 09:06
Ripline

sua cuique voluptas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ripline, you are not forced to read this thread if you do not wish to.
Understood, thanks.

Perfect people who pontificate upon the inadequacies of the majority in a profession or the population at large do nothing to help those who may have problems.
I'm not perfect, don't claim to be and I wasn't pontificating or passing judgement.

This aviation industry has a better-than-most way of dealing with those who fail standards far beyond the many other vitally important occupations. Hopefully we do so productively and effectively.
I'm glad to hear that. That's probably why I continue to use its services.

Every time a clever devil comes along belittling the minority of those with problems actually drives them underground. Thank you ripline for your contribution?
Not claiming to be clever, not belittling anybody. Perhaps you're confusing my simple one-line post quoting and agreement with a previous poster by overreacting, another trait I would watch if you're a pilot. Fully behind any efforts to identify and help those who sucumb to the pressures of commercial avaition by using alcohol, but the basic tenet is that any discussion of how much is safe before flying is a no-brainer. It has taken ten pages of posts from all sides of the same argument to get this far as indeed it does on every occasion that news items like this hit the headlines. The arguments are the same and just revolve endlessly. If this thread has stopped at 10 pages then my tiny personality and small body parts are content with their contribution. I do appreciate the irony of having to add this by way of explanation....

Ripline