PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia commenced BNE-LAX today
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2009, 08:26
maui

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Neville.

I don't know how to put it any less offensively, but you really are a dill.

9 days off is the contracted agreement. However 3 1/2 trips a month accrues max hours. So, regardless of how many days off per month are contracted, you will be spending a lot more time at home than the allotted 9. Lets say the average LA trip is 5 days (conservative), that is 17 1/2 days working days per month, call it 18. This is the max per annum. Add on your 9 days off and there are 3-4 extra days when you are totally unavailable. Put it another way, working max hours you will have at least 13 days off per month. Not too bad I would suggest, far better than community average.

And to the cretin who suggested the VA Capt waiting for transport at LAX, would be envious of the QF guy who walks past, cos he earns a greater remuneration. Who gives a ****. There is more to life than dollars. I much prefer to work in a non toxic environment. One in which I am sure that the meals are safe from tampering and that I can go out and socialse with the entire crew whilst away on a layover. They are actually reasonable human beings. Pity the sky gods don't understand this, their life would be much more full if they would step down a peg or two.

Maui

Last edited by maui; 21st Apr 2009 at 09:34.