PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The 2009 'What is your take home pay' Thread
Old 21st Apr 2009, 06:37
Knee Trembler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clandestino,

Funny you should say that. I compared my pay cheque with an FA recently and they were almost identical!

The German tax system is complex to say the least, but if, like me, your spouse has a proper job, you pay a relatively large amount of tax and they pay less, giving you more as a couple. It all gets sorted out on the annual tax return though.

Top line figures are still a little on the low side at around €4900 gross, before allowances (€200-€500 pm) but LH has a deal with the revenue (at least for the time being) where we get 16.3% tax free in lieu of holiday working (without that the net would be around €1800!). And the Collective Labour Agreement is the best I have experienced (better that BA and KLM). For me that is worth several hundred Euros per month. Also I am at my home base which, after several years of night stopping, is priceless.

I was at KLM before (and on the 30% deal which LLuke will know of) and would be getting about double the above gross figure there, but that, as they say, is another story!

KT