PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rest of A332's & 3's to JQ?
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2009, 06:03
Going Boeing

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Are you suggesting that if a larger galley is installed on delivery it cannot be removed?
Ditzy, I think that you should re-read my post. I didn't say that the galleys couldn't be removed (or reconfigured), I just said that it's probably not economical to do it. The figure that I heard for the reconfiguring the first 3 A330-300's from domestic to international was $25m per aircraft (following a major stuff-up by a committee on the "Commercial" side of Qantas - Peter Gregg was on that committee & he openly admitted to staff that they had made an expensive mistake). The main problem is the galley bulkheads which on Airbus aircraft are "structural" in that they add strength to the airframe. If they are moved, the stress paths have to be re-calculated and compensated.

Alangirvan, I believe that the problem relating to QF flying "twins" over the Himalayas was due to the B767's having pax oxy generators of limited duration that was insufficient for what was required before the aircraft could descend to 14,000'. Aircraft that have oxy bottles in sufficient numbers to keep the pax (& crew) concious for extended periods can operate without restriction.