PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qualifying hours NPPL
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2009, 05:54
DucatiPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qualifying hours NPPL

Hi folks,

Newbie here trying to get his licence after years of being told 'NO' - separate story to follow when I have a coffee and tem minutes to hand...

My question is:

Started NPPL SSEP last year - up to about 17 hours in C 152 and very close to going solo (my mother was diagnosed with cancer and died whilst I was training - so not able to focus too well) and ran out of money...

This year it was suggested I join the Gliding Club on the same airfield and pick up my training on the Grob 109B and complete my training initially to NPPL SLG standard - then do the required differences training to get SSEP (they have a Supermonk that I'm itching to climb into!).

Attraction of this is the far lower cost per hour and the introduction to taildragging (plus training on the gliding side - which can only improve my skills as a pilot).

Just completed second hour on Grob yesterday - a lot to learn and landing using spoilers I'm finding just a little interesting - plus the 'interesting' ground handling for someone more used to Cessna...

Now - can anyone confirm that I can just continue to log my hours towards my NPPL continuing on from the SSEP training - or does the 'clock' start again now I'm on SLGs (i.e. can I count the 17(ish) hours on the Cessna towards my total in the Grob).

If anyones interested I may post my progress in a separate thread (now there's a threat!

Iain
West Oxon