PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1,750 jobs to go at Qantas
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2009, 01:52
bbear75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought I read within the next two months..... potentially TWO months of waiting..... that will do alot for morale

I also have two questions, genuine ones.... I don't want to start arguments.

As far as L/H CC CRs go, we all know it's last on, first off. In many ways this is fair, although personally I think CRs based on performance make more sense, so they are left with the "lean, efficient model" they are after. ( I know that system could be open to bribery, so potentially wouldn't work ). My question is.... alot of the newest crew are operating the A380, so how does CR work? If they follow the EBA, then the last on will go and there will need to be alot of re-training. That doesn't make sense. ( Besides getting enough QAL crew to switch over )

My other question is why can't we be trained on the A380 and the 744? Either give 767 flying to SH and keep 3 aircraft types, or train all QCCA on the A380 (and not fly 767 at all) and have cheap labour across the board. LHR base do it, and although my friend over there said it was intially confusing, he is used to the differences after a few flights.

Any thoughts?