PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Epic Flight Academy
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2009, 22:46
cyrilroy21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think those planning on coming to epic should see this review too

Here's the link Epic Aviation reviews and pilot ratings for Epic Aviation flight school in FL New Smyrna Beach, United States

I'll just copy and paste the content

Come and see for yourself
I am a student at epic aviation currently

I joined in 2009 .

There was a time when epic charged
between 39000 and 42000 dollars for the fixed price program

It wasnt sustainable for them to be in business for that kind of money since oil cost $147 a barrel

Either they charged the students more or they had to shut down and the students to find another school somewhere else without getting their money back

Which do you think was better ?

Today the fixed price program costs me $57,598
and no i dont pay the entire money upfront i only pay in 5 equal monthly installments

I also paid a $500 housing deposit which is refundable as long as i dont damage anything in the housing provided

I can opt to stay out their housing should i wish and they will only charge $54,300 for the fixed price program

And yes they profit from it . Which means they will still be business . They had to fire employees in order to cut their costs as well deduct salaries

It really is a great flying school . With a fun environment and one of the best maintained fleet available .

Although i must admit their multi engine aircraft was in the maintenance for longer than usual
But they are planing to lease a couple of new piper seminole with glass cockpits so that students finish their training on time

Now about the negative reviews on Epic Aviation

A select few students who probably has never seen the word CLEAN in their dictionary were kicked out of the housing

That's because they broke the rules of the housing agreement that they signed
They totally trashed the housing...
The living conditions were totally horrible...
You would puke on the spot if you see it for yourself...

And there is more than just a stain on the rug . There are only irreparable stains on the rug . The rugs are 85% stains and the rest visible carpet .

Now epic aviation has to replace them at their own expense or else they will lose their contract with Ocean Oaks which affect the rest of the students staying at Ocean Oaks

Its good thing that they were kicked out otherwise epic would lose its contract with ocean oaks and all the rest of us would be kicked out to find housing for ourselves

The other reviewers about epic aviation seems to have forgotten to mention about the cause that started this whole thing about being kicked out

There was party that took place at Ocean Oaks apartment 1622 on March 20th 2009
As per the agreement signed by its students
they broke the following violations
1. No parties
2. Underage drinking
3. No smoking inside the house
4. Cop Involvement

Somebody called the cops and they came not once but TWICE . They were lucky that they werent arrested .

And after all these violations you expect epic to still keep those who violated the rules within their housing .

ABSOLUTELY NO !!!

I would call epic idiots if they continued to let those students live over there....
All this was despite epic sending a notice that they will be performing surprise inspections at their housing .

Sure come to ocean oaks and find out for yourself what happened to these students .
Ask the Ocean Oaks management and its workers about it . They will tell you the truth

These guys really dont deserve to sit in the cockpit of an aircraft or an airline .

They were lucky that epic didnt kick them out of their program for violating the rules and regulations

These students who you see online represent only 1/10 of the students at epic

The best students finish the program in 6 months some take 7 others 8 or 9 .
Thats cause different people learn at different speeds . We are not all created the same

Some students take more than a year . Thats because they dont study on time and simply keep postponing their classes and come to class without studying anything despite repeated instructions to study and come

Some students that were kicked out of their housing failed their written test more than once

I mean c'mon.....
The questions are given the answers are given and you guys still cant study ....

You need to find another career....

The reason i am putting this review out here is so that future students who plan on coming here are not mislead by a bunch of students who are determined to take revenge on epic by posting
negative reviews out here inorder to give epic a bad name

Remember they represent less than 1/10 th of the students at epic .

I do hope that i given the truth out here

I will be posting a review of my experience here at epic once i am done with my commercial

Whenever you ask someone for an opinion on a topic never make your descion on one person's opinion alone . Get the other side of the story too.
Ask as many as possible

P.S : I am a student at epic and not from its management . I came to epic after considering various reviews about it online and with past students who attended there .
Somebody please post atleast a link of this review on pprune.org

Well does anyone have anything else to say ?