PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What age did you get your first flying job at?
Old 20th Apr 2009, 22:18
mattyh1986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loan

If you take out a loan just be sure you have a fall back plan. And be sure you are aware of worst case scenario and that you will be able to deal with it.

For me worst case scenario is I finish training and cant get a job, in that situation I have my degree to fall back on and make payments while living at home and searching for an aviation job. Money will suck for first few years of my career but if I want to be in that left hand seat one day its just something you have to accept.

Just remember, taking a loan is serious business, its a HUGE responsibility and its not monopoly money, its real money, too many people see a loan as a quick fix to get what they want. The only reason I'm considering a loan is because I belive I have the ability to deal with things if the hits the fan, and I believe the economy will be recovering in 12-24 months, but that's just my opinion and i'm still gathering research and have not made a decision yet.