PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 20th Apr 2009, 20:43
Min Stack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eric

I, like many people in my "area" of the pay scale bought my house for stupid money within the last 5 years. This is by far my biggest expense. I wish i had had the opportunity to buy my house for 50 pence in the eighties or earlier like many people did.
When I bought my house in the 80's, "50 pence" was a lot of money then AND took up a big chunk of my salary AND mortgage rates went up to 15% AND endowments were being mis-sold to us all AND there were no AAVA's so don't bleat about being hard up just because you were stupid enough to take out a 120% mortgage on a house that you can't realistically afford, sonny.

And another thing - I'm only 4 years away from retirement so I don't suppose my pension will be affected but I voted no for all you youngsters' pensions and I stopped doing AAVA's, not because I don't need the money (with 2 kids at university and my missus just made redundant I could still do with some extra dosh) but because I didn't want to lift a finger for NATS more than I had to after the pensions debacle and it annoys me to see the same folk coming in to do AAVAs all the time and most of those folk are youngsters whose pensions will be affected so I think to myself why did I bother, I'm alright Jack. If everyone stopped doing AAVAs for only a couple of months even, this place would probably grind to a halt.

Rant over.

Last edited by Min Stack; 20th Apr 2009 at 21:01.