PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 20th Apr 2009, 17:42
anotherthing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
250Kts

I never once intimated that the controllers were the ones that demanded T&P in position all the time!

Pop in and try controlling as well as managing the electronics on a separate screen and also operating 2 data bases
Therein lies the great flaw in the system. I know for a fact that some of your sectors benefit greatly from the electronics, but that on the other hand, some sectors would work equally well without it.

Despite the fact that it does not suit the TC method of operation, it looks increasingly likely that we will go to EFD and a paperless environment.

It also looks like to do so succesfully we may have to man and boy every sector - akin to T&P. A completely retrograde step that will cost NATS more in the long run.

AAVAs are a legitimate source of cheap labour, if people want to do them, then good luck to them. Until the Union says we will not do them as a matter of course, then you can't moan at people for doing it.

Phantom99 - In TC we've not lost all the assistants we are going to yet, but we are already getting ATSAs in for overtime when previously there was no need - I think AC will be the same!!!