PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Late touch-down and extremeley heaving braking at BHX today...
Old 20th Apr 2009, 17:17
BladePilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A long long time ago, British Midland GLA-LHR usual routine departed GLA on schedule, pleasant trip to LHR and as usual we entered the hold. On our second orbit everything was just fine and I was gazing out of the window watching the other aircraft in the hold when suddenly all hell broke loose! It felt as if the aircraft had been dropped on to an old corrigated washboard it was shaking so hard it was difficult to focus my vision on anything, a number of overhead bins popped open and spilled their contents and one cabincrew member was thrown to the floor I just happened to briefly glimpse the wing flexing like I've never seen before or since. It was all over in a matter of seconds although it felt like minutes. Immediately the Capt explained in the most calming style that we had just passed through the jetwash of a B757 which had passed slightly above and left to right some distance ahead of us. The one thing that amazed me was there was not one scream or groan or moan from any of the passengers.
Had many an interesting landing in my time, that's what makes flying fun, never two the same!