PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2009, 14:07
roar00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stage 2 result

I had my stage 2 on 6th April, it was the new stage 2 (i think my group was one of the first if not the first to sit the new stage 2). I found out i passed today, so considering the bank holiday weekend was inbetween it only took 8 working days to find out (actually two weeks).

I found the tests very stressful, mainly because i hadn't known what to expect (apart from knowing there was no interview). The tests can be fun, although they would only be "fun" if not part of an application process.....as part of this process they are horrid. I came out of the tests feeling very drained as it is a long day and i didnt think i had passed.

It is very hard if not impossible to give advice on how to do well at stage 2. The only advice one can give is to try and relax as much as possible, sleep well the night before and when approaching the tests try not to think about it being a test situation in which your career depends. When you make mistakes just move your mind on as quickly as possible. If you dwell on mistakes you will find yourself failing or missing the next few questions, as on some of the tests you move onto the next question straight away. Also the main point of the nature of these tests is to see if you can work when under a lot of pressure/stress.

Once you've completed stage 2 just remember that no one can get every single thing right on all the computer tests, i would go as far as to say this would be humanly impossible. Therefore coming away knowing you got things wrong is normal.