PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The END Of GENERAL AVIATION CHARTER ??
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2002, 02:30
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T
Maybe I have been unfair.
Thank you, Corpair was a long term project of mine and the original owners from the very early eighties of which I am very proud. We had to seed it with new equipment which was a big financial risk at the time but I new it would work with commitment and the right people. We put in most of the equipment and they operated it, Brent went on to operate the WA Govt King Air Contract for the first and last time at a real profit.

And yes I should be somewhere there, but they wont let me............. Yet.
Thats not to say I haven't tried or given up but I don't seem to fit the Public Service profile, and I think they think I'm a little dangerous which is probably true. :eek
For all the angst, controversy and dabblers surrounding them they have made some fairly substantial progress, but have become captive to the Govt agenda and industry lobbies which have diverted them from their true course.
For example after a great deal of work and meetings around one of the more important Discussion Papers and moving towards the NPRM only 2 members of the industry group turned up to the final sign off and they were IMHO the least relevant ones.
So they have to go through this long involved industry consultation process which for the most part becomes a "who can shout the loudest" routine to introduce a packet of legislation which started of as a horse and winds up as a camel.

Flogging Project homes is great fun and very interesting and gets your nose right up close to Mr & Mrs Jones or Mr and Ms Jones as they now say.
When we were mid 20's kids with babies in the seventiesl, the conversation around the BBQ was sex, drugs and Rock N Roll, nowadays it's, which builder, how big and my building horror story is worse than yours.
To hear it all, you would think that every one of the 17,000 houses built per year is about to fall down and that every one of the builders is totally incompetent.
Conflict resolution is the major skill requirement, the building bit is easy.

And while I'm on the subject our siteworks earthmover OWNS three loaders and two semis which cost over $250,000 each and he is just one of many. And he makes serious money thank you.
I wonder how many GA operators have that much capital per machine tied up in their business.