PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHC UK redundancies/strike action/FSP
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2009, 08:45
coning angel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little birdie tells me that Aberdeen based pilots are not very happy with the state of affairs. I don't believe it was a case of going on strike from the 20th April, but the pilots did have a meeting last night, the majority of whom would probably vote for strike action if asked. Once again, CHC management have stated that they will implement their new 'howdy-doody' roster from today. This basically means they lose their equal time roster but that's okay too, because management know that it won't affect the pilots stress levels, or be a flight safety issue. Just lots of 'unhappy' pilots going to work for a while. How can that possibly be an issue, as long as they are seen to be productive and available at work? The new roster they are being given doesn't look too much different to what they have been used to up until the present time. (It just maybe that i'm missing something here)

New roster system:-
200 working days required, flexible 'X' working days, meaning you dont know what shift you will be asked to work, earlies or lates, until the evening beforehand. I think that means you will need to be available for the 17-18 hours of the next day so don't you go making any plans, you hear! But the best part is, you actually get to know what days you will be working two weeks in advance. I really do feel so sorry for my ex-husband now....NOT! HA HA.
Lots of love, the bitter and twisted cow!