PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Check out this c@#khead on a CX 773ER
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2009, 08:10
Ex Douglas Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passengers allegedly had sex in crew rest area on Cathay Pacific flight

By staff writers NEWS.com.au April 20, 2009 08:43am

A HONG Kong airline is investigating claims that a couple travelling first class from Toronto, Canada, used the crew rest area to join the "mile-high club".
The couple were allegedly invited by an airline staff member to use the rest area onboard a Cathay Pacific plane to have sex after being spotted getting intimate in their seats, German news agency DPA reports.

The passenger, a US doctor, said he knew the staff member from previous flights.

“On these long, long flights there isn't really anything to do after the meal service so my gf (girlfriend) and I were cuddling and watching movies,” the passenger wrote on his blog.

“With the magnificent large bed one thing led to another and soon my friend Alvin was at our side saying would you like the privacy of our crew rest upstairs? It is currently unoccupied.”

He also posted pictures on a blog showing himself lying on the bunk as evidence of his “adventure”.

Cathay Pacific said it was examining the blog, which was posted earlier this month, to see if the staff member broke the rules by allowing passengers into the crew rest area.

“We are looking into the case. It is a company's policy that the cabin crew and cockpit crew rest bunks can only be used by operating crew and not for any staff or passengers,” an airline spokeswoman said.

A senior Cathay Pacific pilot, speaking on condition of anonymity, said he thought it was unlikely the event really happened.

“On a flight from Toronto there will be someone in the cockpit crew rest area almost all the time. There are four pilots and two will be in there at a time apart from the breaks between shifts which will only be about 15 minutes,” he said.

Passengers allegedly had sex in crew rest area on Cathay Pacific flight | Travel News | News.com.au