PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford Flight Centre (Merged 2009)
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2009, 23:46
tigermagicjohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I needed to redo my complete PPL because I let it lapse by 16 years, fly as required. I prepaid for 20 hours - after 13 - 14 hours they said I was ready for my skills test - I personally wanted a few more hours to feel confident as I had not been flying since 1992!

So one thing I got from that is that they are honest, they could have requested me to fly as much as they wanted - only reason for slight delay was the bad weather and christmas holidays!

Also did my night rating with them, took 5 hours - so as they say does exactly was it says on the tin - instructors excellent and dedicated. End of the day you have to do the work and get yourself trough it all - but I appreciate that they got me trough it quickly - and could have been cheaper then I had expected, so did not try to add a whole bunch of extra hours to my flying. (I did not fly any solo before my skills test - already had much PIC time from before 1992) Still it was like flying my first solo all over again - thinking what the heck, the only way now is down again!

I now do PPL hire there, if I could/can I would/will do CPL/IR there, but other circumstances dictate that I might need to do that elsewhere. However yes some of the PA 28 are a little tired, the ones for CPL are better. But aircraft all well maintained, only minor problem is the compass on some of their aircraft - a bit crooked sometimes.
It gets busy there, but if you need help there is always someone to ask and will give advice!

Recommended A +