PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2009, 19:19
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
I'm not sure who the "so many of you" are, Walter. Personally my interest here started merely because it seemed such an outrageous travesty of justice. I still think that but my belief now is that injustice is a cover for a much greater scandal, that the Chinook HC2 was awarded its CAR though it was known to be unairworthy, mainly because of the FADEC design and software problems. The MOD wanted it in service and BD weren't going to prevent that. As soon as the accident happened the word was being put out that this was a human rather than technical error. Those who cast doubt on that, such as Sqn Ldr Burke were marginalised (ie told not to speak to the AAIB) and ridiculed (by no less than the SoS). That is why I think that the airworthiness of ZD576 is the key to this accident. As regards the post accident analysis of the engines, the main evidence came from the DECUs. One was badly damaged, the other less so and revealed no faults logged on itself for that flight. On that specious basis Reid said that both FADECs were found to have performed normally. Rubbish! Even if that were true they would be only as good as the software driving them, ie GIGO. It was a bone of contention that BD wanted it rewritten, but it wasn't and was found riddled with anomalies. That's conspiracy enough for me Walter without having to look for more spooks when there were more than enough in Main Building!